Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Design Hanging Baskets Like a Pro

Design Hanging Baskets Like a Pro

There is so much variety in gardening as a hobby that you can come up with new projects and ideas every day. There are a few tried-and-true garden projects that are popular because they are simple and rewarding. Designing hanging baskets is one of those projects. Admittedly, I didn’t get into the ornamental hanging basket game until later in my gardening life. I have grown plenty of edibles like strawberries, herbs, and tomatoes in hanging baskets. But to design hanging baskets for ornamental plants was never on my basket list.


Until I visited the California Spring Trials and saw some of the most spectacular displays hanging from hooks all around the gardens. You can read more about that trip here. I have never been much for annuals either, but after that trip, I get it. Growing annuals is a celebration for the eyes: bursts of color and waves of blooms cascading over the edges. Sign. Me. Up!


To design hanging baskets this year with ornamental plants, I used my experience with container design and growing vegetables vertically to create a few articles to make the whole process easy and successful to recreate at home. If you follow me here you know that I also write a blog on eBay, where I share “How To” Guides on various gardening topics. I have been writing there for awhile now and have over 70 guides! Most recently, I’ve shared two on hanging baskets that you might enjoy:


Grow the Biggest, Brightest Hanging Baskets on the Block


Tips and ideas on growing beautiful hanging baskets


Clock Face Planting For Simple Hanging Basket Design


Take the Mystery Out - Design Hanging Baskets Like a Pro with these tips

Keep an eye on this post as I’ll be sharing more photos as the baskets grow in over the summer. Happy planting!


Original article and pictures take gardentherapy.ca site

No comments:

Post a Comment