Monday, August 29, 2016

Ironing Board Garden Art Lady

Ironing Board Garden Art Lady

Make an ironing board garden lady with a metal ironing board, and some items from your kitchen.


If you love DIY garden art, also see the garden art project archives here.


Creative garden art lady made from an ironing board
Creative garden art lady made from an ironing board

I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in a link on this post for sites including Amazon.com. Other links may go to websites where I have been paid to write a blog or article. See the entire disclosure here.


A Better Use of an Ironing Board


Can we take a moment to give thanks for wrinkle-free clothing? I cannot say I miss having to iron an entire basket of clothes after doing the laundry each week. Now, my iron is dedicated to sewing and quilting. And, after seeing this creation, my ironing board may have a new purpose in life.


This wonderful ironing board woman garden art piece was made by Louise Y. who is a friend of Empress of Dirt on Facebook.


You start with an ironing board (metal ones work well), and add household bits and pieces to complete the design with body parts and fashion sense.


The blue spray paint on this one really makes it stand out.


Louise provided details (below) of the items she used for this one to give you ideas for making your own. Plus, there’s an alternative idea at the end.


How to Make Ironing Board Garden Art People


Creative garden art lady made from an ironing board
Creative garden art lady made from an ironing board

Louise writes:


  • Arms and Legs: Her are arms and legs are a golf ball retriever that I bought for $1 two yrs ago. I did not know what it was but it was cheap, metal and look like hand.
  • Feet: The feet are iron shoe molds in roller skates. I went to an estate sale and there was a basket of vintage roller skates for $1/skate. I knew she needed them.
  • Hat: Her hat is the base of a metal lazy susan with the coffee basket glued on.
  • Earrings: Her earrings are lead crystals from a lamp.
  • Eyes: Her eyes are door knobs.
  • Shoulders: The shoulders are the top of the coffee basket cut in ½. I had much bigger shoulder in my plans but they turned into a nightmare and I gave up.
  • Sunglaseses: Her sunglasses are from my mom (40’s).
  • Ring: Her ring is my Aries ring from high school.
  • Curves: Her boobs are jello molds.
  • Ears: Her ears are part of some curtain tie backs.
  • Eye Lashes: Her eye lashes are forks from children’s tea set I had as a child.
  • Mouth: Her mouth is the part of the golf ball retriever that I broke off and spray painted red.

Ironing Board Woman Garden Art Project

Assembly


  • Basically, I screwed or glue everything to together
  • I took the legs off the ironing board. I thought I would use them for legs but they were different sizes. So I used one the legs and screwed it to the ironing board and put the leg in an umbrella stand that I had.
  • The roasting pan is attaching with 3 bolts, one of which goes through the leg/stand

Thanks, Louise!



Another Woman in the Garden


Garden Lady by Our Fairfield Home and Garden

Barb of Our Fairfield Home and Garden also has a garden lady. This one is made from wood and embellished with paint, accessories, and rather perky bazooms! You can see Barb’s garden including her garden lady here.


~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛


Empress of Dirt TV



Original article and pictures take empressofdirt.net site

No comments:

Post a Comment