Friday, December 8, 2017

Whimsical garden lamps and bird feeders

Whimsical garden lamps and bird feeders

I fell in love with these whimsical creations at first sight when I came across them at the NC State Fair last week. I don't know who the artist is, but the imagination and creativity is amazing. They were on display in the garden area.



It looks like they are made from recycled lamps and other found objects. The painting is very artistic and colorful.



Some of them have string lights inside.







If you look closely you can pick out certain items that were used and some pieces are turned upside down.



A marbled bowling ball (below) beside the lamp ~ unusual, clever and whimsical.




I think I might have to figure out how to make one of these for myself, or two or three. Yes, I know, a little restraint would be wise. But wouldn't a whimsical lamp be just beautiful tucked away in a secluded spot in the garden ~ or a small group of bright birdfeeders hanging under a tree. Oh, yes, I am definitely going to be thinking about this project.


Original article and pictures take donnas-art.blogspot.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment