Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Miniature Worlds That Come Alive At Night

Miniature Worlds That Come Alive At Night

I have a new addiction.


It used to be mason jars. “How can anyone be addicted to mason jars?”, you ask. They are so versatile and pretty I sometimes wonder how people don’t have a huge collection of new, old, vintage, clear, blue, quilted, and more mason jars. I have so many that I should be on one of those strange addiction shows!


The one day I made a mason jar into a solar light and the collection started moving its way outdoors. I made so many that my whole garden was glowing at night. Then I saw that many people started making solar light lids that you can quickly just twist on to one, clearly I’m not the only one who loves glowing outdoor jars either. (See a whole bunch of mason jar solar lids here).


But this still isn’t my new addiction.


No, it’s what happens inside the mason jar when the sun goes down: creating miniature gardens INSIDE a mason jar and adding a light to create...



Now I want All. The. Things. Well, all the things miniature, or small enough to fit into a jar. Thank goodness the world of miniature gardening is so popular that there is an endless supply of teeny-tiny garden pots, benches, birds, and of course, fairies.


Miniature gardening is the process of crafting up a living landscape in small form. Fairy gardens, like miniature gardens are also small, miniature gardens generally have more dwarf plants and fewer fairies. These mason jar solar lights are completely closed to air so when making them choose materials that give the idea of creating a garden space, but that don’t require air (like preserved moss, miniatures and figurines, rocks, and sand).










Original article and pictures take www.ebay.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment